TeeRoy's 2 Cents:
- So many famous entertainers and artists called Michigan home.
- $5500 a sign should be pocket change for celebrities such as Smokey or Clive Davis.
- Does your home town or state often name roadways for famous local figures?
- I love Aretha's music -- I can fork over $5 or $10.
- Why not release a tribute album with proceeds going to pay for these signs?
- Highways and bridges should only be named for public leaders. Entertainers and ballparks water down the idea of a lifelong honor.
Michigan State Representative Linda Love says. "Michigan loved its Queen of Soul." Now she's trying to prove it.
After what she calls "a Herculean effort" to pass legislation, Love wants fans near and far to know their help is needed for the Aretha Franklin Memorial Highway.
Many will be surprised to learn that no state money is used for the signs that will rename part of Michigan 10 for the beloved singer, who died a year ago this week.
The sponsoring group REAL can be reached by email at RealCreative313@gmail.com.