TeeRoy's 2 Cents:
- Why is he even trying to power through this and weather the storm? He needs to either own up and face the music or just go away for good.
- He's got more than just 99 problems at this point.
- There are probably some folks in his camp who believe that all of this will eventually blow over.
- While people may have forgotten or ignored early allegations against him, the new docu-series brought all of his bad behavior to light -- and then some.
Attorney Gloria Allred is now representing 21-year-old accuser Faith Rodgers, who has sued the singer for “mentally, sexually and verbally” abusing her, including locking her in rooms, engaging in “non-permissive sex” and infecting her with herpes. Her name was also smeared through a Facebook page called Surviving Lies, created to discredit accusers and defend Kelly from allegations.
- A ton of artists have either removed R. Kelly collaborations from streaming services or stated their intention to do so, including Celine Dion, Chance the Rapper, The Pussycat Dolls and Lady Gaga. Not all the songs in question feature the singer's vocals -- some were co-written by Kells.
- Kelly isn’t sweating the songs being taken down, but continues to threaten a lawsuit against the Lifetime network and producers of Surviving R. Kelly. TMZ reports that he’s determined to dig up dirt on execs and is looking for revenge however he can get it.
- Post Malone weighed in on the recent removals, calling it the right thing to do because Kells has done a lot of “[effed]-up [stuff].”
- Some folks have defended the singer, like DJ Paul, French Montana and Kanye West. Montana originally spoke to the strength of the singer’s musical legacy, but later changed his tune to make it clear he supports the victims.
- Meanwhile, Kanye compared Kelly to Michael Jackson and tried to preach separating the art from the artists. He says if we’re going to start tearing down artists, we might as well take da Vinci out of the Louvre, too.
- Kim Kardashian attempted damage control on social media, saying her husband’s “words are being taken out of context due to timing.”